Friday 18 October 2013

THE PRIZE

Restoring my mind to it's initial state?
How do I do that anyway...
How do I get rid of all the things you made me experience
Things I never knew existed
Things like contentment,
Satisfaction and now resentment
Before I knew I could even have a smile all day
Since in my life, I was having what I needed

You changed so fast.
Was it the thrill that came with the relationship
That made you stop it, in the bud you nipped
You transformed your act
Looking away with the eye contact
No longer laughing at the inner jokes we used to share
It was my presence now that you couldn't bare

Dear, I could change for you
What fresh things did you want me to do?
I felt like you got a new man
Just like that you slipped into being a prize
A contest of who will have you last
A tag-of-possession that I was already outdone
I was out of clues, tricks and ideas that are new
The ones that would win you back

If it was to happen this way
I wonder why it took so much time
Slicing through the solid build I'd made in many days
And leaving behind a broken heart- dying
It's true the winner takes it all
You become a prize, I couldn't match up
And now you're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment