Friday 18 October 2013

LOVE IS RHETORICAL?

Why do we talk a lot about love?
Is it that big a topic that we could dwell on?
Or do you just know a few things about that
That you want to let out and feel done?
Do you feel loved?
Are you in love?
Do you love somebody who does not love you back?
Failing at love... Is that you too?

How often do you think about love?
Do you feel butterflies in your stomach while at it?
Does it make you remember someone?
Take a moment...
Think about love.
About the first time you experienced it
Was your heart racing when you discoverd it?
Did you just slide into it unknowingly?

Where did you find love?
Oh wait...
You haven't found love?
Is it evading you everytime you think you've just grasped it?
"Are you lonely?" Does this question haunt you?
Love songs, do they speak to you?

I wish I was in love...
Yes. I wish.
Everytime I think about it I almost shed it
I haunts me daily
It makes me envy the couples I see
Presumably IN love
It disgusts me because I don't have it
It evades me all the time I search for it

Do I really need love?
Is it what will make happy?
Is it what will make me stop being lonely?
What if it doesn't meet my expectations?
I have expectations for everything...
Who will I hold responsible?
Especially when I find I miscalculated things

I was told you 'experience' love
When you least expect it, that is when it occurs
That day will come. I hope that it will come
As for me in the meantime
Living with this questions on my mind
Is all I will be at
Hopefully...
I will be found by love

Have you been found by love?

No comments:

Post a Comment